Sunday, December 16, 2012

“Over the hills, and everywhere”: “Go Tell It on the Mountain,” Robert Shaw Chorale

Photo: Eirian Evans

One year, after a hectic holiday season, I decided to drive the 4 hours to my parents' house on Christmas day. It was a perfect time.

The roads were deserted, and I found a great FM station that played the kind of Christmas music I like (traditional, not too much of the pop stuff.) As I drove over the pass in the Sangre de Cristo mountains, an energetic rendition of "Go Tell It on the Mountain" came on. I felt like singing "hallelujah."

It was the Robert Shaw Chorale’s versions, and it’s available on Freegal. James Taylor and Simon & Garfunkel have nice renditions, too.

That evening, I arrived at my parents refreshed from having an afternoon of alone time. And my mom had homemade chicken soup waiting for me.

Moms are like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog freeandlegalmusicdownloads.blogspot.com.