Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Cherry Christmas: "Cherry, Cherry Christmas" by Neil Diamond

Photo: Franz Eugen Kohler
So, how exactly does one have a “cherry, cherry” Christmas?
 I’m of two minds with this song. One the one hand, it just seems like a jingle advertising Diamond’s other songs. But, maybe, it’s just his way of poking a little fun at himself.
OK. It’s Christmas. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. And I found myself downloading the song from Freegal, I guess partly out of affection for those songs.

I found references to 7 of his songs. I imagine alert readers our there can probably find more: 1. Cherry, Cherry, 2. Holly Holy, 3. Song Sung Blue, 4. If You Know What I Mean, 5. Red, Red Wine, 6. Sweet Caroline, 7. Beautiful Noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog freeandlegalmusicdownloads.blogspot.com.