Monday, December 3, 2012

Bring in the Glass Harp: “The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy” by Tchaikovsky


I love this rendition that my cousin found and sent to me.

Tchaikovsky brought in an entirely new instrument called the celesta that lent the song its unique celestial bell sound.

The glass harp is equally entrancing.

Sadly, I couldn’t find any glass harp rendition on Freegal. But I found dozens of others:

·         Leonard Bernstein and Arthur Fiedler for traditionalists.
·         Yule-a-Go Go for a rough-hewn jazz version,
·         Los Angeles Jazz Orchestra for a classic jazz version
·         Angels of Venice for a somewhat syncopated version
·         Spongetones for a bizarre version
·         Woody Phillips in an even more bizarre “toolbox” version. Seems to include ratchets and power saws

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog freeandlegalmusicdownloads.blogspot.com.