Friday, December 7, 2012

“I’m dreaming of a white Christmas”: “White Christmas” by Bing Crosby

Photo: Pollo
According to the Guinness Book of Records, this is the best-selling single of all time, selling 50 million copies. You can download it from Freegal and make it 50 million and one.

After my teenage daughter and I heard it on the radio, this is how our conversation went:

ME: That’s Bing Crosby singing.

HER: What? I thought his name was Bill or something.

ME (after some thought): No, you’re thinking of Bill Cosby. The comedian. Very different from Bing Crosby the singer. He was known for being smooth and debonair.

HER (after some thought): Mom, how smooth and debonair can he be? He calls himself BING. It’s like he’s a second-rate search engine.

ME: Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog freeandlegalmusicdownloads.blogspot.com.