Sunday, February 10, 2013

Twister Song Blows Away Grammies: “Blown Away” by Carrie Underwood

Simon Cowell continues to be right. Don’t you hate when that happens? But, as he predicted, Carrie Underwood is the biggest singer ever to come out of American Idol.

I was rooting for Ronnie Dunn’s poignant “Cost of Living.” It does what country music does best: paint a picture with words. (As long as pop nominees have lyrics like “I missed you so, so bad,” there’s not much hope for the genre.)

Underwood’s song took a while to grow on me. I’m not sure I like the tweaking on her voice. But the narrative is satisfying, if chilling.  We’re all glad that s.o.b. of a daddy has been blown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog freeandlegalmusicdownloads.blogspot.com.