Wednesday, February 6, 2013

This House Is Falling Apart: “Anna Sun” by Walk the Moon



Download Walk the Moon's song "Anna Sun" free from Freegal.


I always want to know where the name comes from. If we can believe Wikipedia, “Walk the Moon” comes from the song “Walking on the Moon” by The Police.

That seems right. When I first heard the band, I thought it had an 80’s sound. What does it sound like? Nylon Magazine describes it as “swirly pop beats, infectious guitar riffs, and loud sing-along choruses.”

Gleaning a few tidbits from Nylon Magazines’ interview:

·         Two of the band member met when they were toddlers
·         “Anna Sun” is about memories from college. That house in the video looks like some of my college houses
·         Anna Sun is the name of one of their college professors.  I’m willing to bet she’s the only prof. to have an indie song named after her.

Walk the Moon has six songs in the Freegal top 100: “anywayican,” “Tightrope,” “Tete-a-Tete,” “Burning Down the House,” “Drunk in the Woods,” and, of course, “Anna Sun.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog freeandlegalmusicdownloads.blogspot.com.