Saturday, February 23, 2013

Les Miz, Men’s Fragrances, and the Academy Awards

1886 engraving for Victor Hugo's Les Miserables. French illustrator Émile Bayard drew the sketch of Cosette for the first edition. Image Credit

I hadn’t known that the odds for Oscar awards were so thoroughly tracked. If you go to Gold Derby, you’ll find nice little line graphs that track everyone’s odds of winning. 

Argo  is the hands-down favorite, while a Les Miz win is predicted by just 9% of the experts. I’m a fan of Life of Pi, but I am in love with the music of Les Miserables. I just didn’t think the movie came anywhere near living up to the stage version I saw. 

I’ve about worn out my copy of the Broadway recording. And the London Cast recording on Freegal is pretty darn good.

About 15 years ago, my husband and I were encouraged (badgered?) by the sales ladies at the department store to enter their contest for predicting the Academy Awards.

I went with my heart, what I wanted to win. Hubby went with what was likely to win.

His strategy won out, and he won! His enthusiasm was tempered a bit when his prize was delivered—a whole basketful of men’s cologne. Oh, goody.

He tries to remember to put on fragrance at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think he’s gone through half a bottle, and he has 6 or 7 more.

I think it will truly be a lifetime supply.





 

1 comment:

  1. This was a really good and helpful article for me to read. I really have enjoyed all of this very cool information. This was great.

    Deodorant Spray

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog freeandlegalmusicdownloads.blogspot.com.