Thursday, January 3, 2013

Queen Meets Simon & Garfunkel: “Some Nights” by Glee Cast Members


It’s those drums. I could listen to them all day.

 “Some Nights,” by fun. is the most addictive song to come out in a long time.

Unfortunately, the drums were all you could get from Freegal for a while. After I listened to the 30-second sample track, I downloaded the song only to find out that it was just the accompaniment version, sort of like a karaoke track. Much as I like the beat, I wanted someone to start singing eventually.

Fortunately, Glee decided to cover the track, so now there is a decent version to download from Freegal.

fun. is being compared to Queen, with its anthemic music and close harmonies.  And the beat in this song is being compared to Simon & Garfunkel’s Cecilia. It’s also being compared to Nena’s 99 luftballoons.  It has something for everyone.

Now if I could just figure out why they chose the opening lyrics:

“Some nights I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights I wish they’d just fall off.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog freeandlegalmusicdownloads.blogspot.com.