Friday, January 11, 2013

“My, my, my, my, my boogie shoes”: “Boogie Shoes” by K.C. and the Sunshine Band

Dancing in Boogie Shoes    Photo: RyanStecker



I wish I had met Henry Wayne Casey (K.C) back in the day. I think I could have been a good lyricist for them.

If I counted correctly, “Boogie Shoes” uses just 29 different words, the majority of them being “my,” “boogie,” and “shoes.”

The Cat in the Hat uses 10 times as many. (I will admit that Dr. Seuss is a little harder to boogie to.)

Looking at their other songs, I also feel pretty confident that I could have come up with a chorus as good as “That’s the way, uh-huh, uh-huh, I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh.”

Still, I have to say that “Boogie Shoes” always makes me want to get up and dance.

And…the words are easy to learn.

Lots of the band’s hits are available on Freegal. For some reason, you need to search for “KC” under artist, rather than the name of the whole band.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog freeandlegalmusicdownloads.blogspot.com.