Monday, January 21, 2013

Disco, The Full Monty, and the Jingle Channel: “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer



What to write about today?

A couple of nights ago, our family watched The Full Monty, one of those shows with the odd premise that if you are hurting for money, you should simply put on a show. The kind of show in which you take off all your clothes. (See also Calendar Girls and Mrs. Henderson Presents.)

Oddly enough, they were all quirky good-hearted films with less nudity than your average R-rated flick.

In the scene above, the fellows from The Full Monty are standing in an unemployment line, and when Donna Summer’s “Hot Stuff” comes on the radio, they can’t resist tapping out a few subtle dance steps. Trust me, it’s pretty funny. Especially in context of the movie.

The next day, when I got in my car, the oldies station was playing—“Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer.  So, I knew I had to feature the song.

For one thing, it seemed like kismet. For another, it’s playing ‘round and ‘round in my head. A friend of mine calls it the “Jingle Channel,” that phenomenon when a song gets stuck in your brain.

And so I present Donna Summer’s “Hot Stuff.” Free and legal. No viruses. No kidding. From Freegal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog freeandlegalmusicdownloads.blogspot.com.