Monday, August 6, 2012

Track and Field Music: “Break My Stride” by Matthew Wilder


Photo: ms4denmark

The gymnastics women get the song “Home” by Phillip Phillips. I think that the track and field athletes ought to get “Break My Stride” by Matthew Wilder (available free from Freegal, along with a bunch of his other songs).

It’s catchy, a little bit New Wave, a little bit reggae.

As far as the pop charts go, Wilder is a one-hit wonder never again matching the top 5 success of “Break My Stride.”

But I did a little looking around and found that these guys don’t just sink into the couch eating cheese balls in obscurity.

Wilder wrote and produced the score for Disney’s Mulan (I had to listen to the soundtrack for about sixth months straight when my daughter was little, and I still think it’s terrific) and voiced the character of Ling.

He’s also worked with Puff Daddy, Aaron Neville, Stevie Wonder, and Bette Midler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog freeandlegalmusicdownloads.blogspot.com.