Saturday, March 9, 2013

“Share It Fairly, But Don’t Take a Piece of my Pie”: “Money” by Pink Floyd



Who’s got the money in the U.S.? Take a guess.

Yeah, I know you know the rich have way more than the rest of us. But I bet you don’t know how much more.

Take a look at this video and see how close your guess was.

Somehow, a large swath of this country has been convinced that the very rich are being taken advantage of.  There’s a book out called Pity the Billionaire. I want to read it just on the title alone.

What song goes with greed? I posed the question to Google, and the unanimous response was Pink Floyd’s “Money.”

Cash register sound effects, 7/4 time. “I’m in the hi-fidelity/First class traveling set/And I think I need a Lear jet.”
 
You can get the track, as well as the rest of the album Pulse from Freegal. But be careful. You’ll be getting it from a library—a place where we all pool our money and get more value than if we bought everything separately.

Ayn Rand would not approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog freeandlegalmusicdownloads.blogspot.com.