Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Forever in Blue Jeans by Neil Diamond

Photo: Lion Hirth
Neil Diamond has about a gazillion songs on Freegal.

I counted 39 albums from 1966 to 2008. Dude's been busy.

You've got your "Hot August Nights," Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show," "Desiree," "America," all the Diamond you could want.

Remember Jonathan Livingston Seagull? The soundtrack is there. Mom took my sister and me to the drive-in to see it when I was 11. I remember it as a couple of hours watching a bird in the water. But the album was cool. It made more money than the movie.

"Forever in Blue Jeans" is my favorite Neil Diamond song. It's catchy in a growly-voiced sort of way. It will always be the summer of '79, listening on KOMA radio when they turned the signal up at night.

Fun fact about Neil Diamond: that's actually his name. Who'da thought? Son of Kieve and Rose Diamond. With a name like that, he had to go into show business.

Hi middle name is Leslie. You can kinda see why he didn't include that is his name. Doesn't have quite the right macho.

You can get free and legal downloads of "Forever in Blue Jeans" at the Freegal site.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog freeandlegalmusicdownloads.blogspot.com.